Sunday, September 12, 2010

rain

Yesterday evening, it began to thunder and to rain very hard. The sky was completely overcast and silver, and for a long time charged with the idea of rain, with the thought of moisture. The light gathered into itself and settled on the contours of buildings and the leaves of trees, making everything glow in a surreal way. Finally, the rain began, all at once, horizontal from sky to earth, white and silver streaks. The light in the sky danced from shadow to glow and shapes became hazy in the gauze of rain. I was sitting on the bed inside beside you. You were lying down with your head on a curled up cushion. The rain made me cool and made me want to lie down next to you, so I did. For a long time, I lay there, looking out through half-closed eyes, through the almost invisible black lines of the screen over the doorframe, looking out at the steady streaks and sheets and lines of silver.

1 comment:

  1. Bruce Balan sent me a letter from you. I am not seeing a return email. I am a picture book author/illustrator in Los Angeles. www.barneysaltzberg.com I would like to speak with you about your desire to experience a bit of the studio world of a children's book author. Wrtite to me if you are interested. barney@barneysaltzberg.com

    Sincerely,

    Barney

    ReplyDelete